Tuesday, December 18, 2012

All Business Card Boxes

I found a blog making boxes out of business cards, but no tutorials for the way I do it. So here's what I've been making for all my tiny Christmas presents this year:
Making use of the When Pigs Fly Stamp (tut here)
Made this box out of 6 business cards. Apparently career ADD is good for something... (like having 1000 useless business cards!). Recycling's never been so fun.



So, you'll need:
  1. 6 business cards (redundant, no?)
  2. Tape. Trust me, you'll enjoy double sided tape MUCH more. I'm too lazy to get off the couch and go buy some and I've cursed myself up and down over the last couple of days.
Step One:

Put faces together. The key: make the cards centered, and as close to 90 degrees as you can get them.

Fold one card around the other. Make edges as neat as possible.
Flip over & fold remaining straight card around its mate.
Step Two:
Repeat step one, twice more. You should end up with:

Step Three:
Pull the cards apart, grab your tape, and you'll begin to construct your box. Keep your corners tight and close as you work.
Tape!
Contact!
Repeat!
I like to work around the box, taping each "flap" down as I go. But don't tape down the top flaps until you slide in the last card.

One more, and basic foundation is done...
Slide in last card
Last bit o' tape
Push her down
Note: I attach the lid outside
Porcupine quill from Israel unnecessary. In fact, you don't even see it.
You have a choice here. You could keep the flaps of the lid inside the box, in keeping with the rest of the construction. I like to leaved the attached flap outside. To me, it makes it easier to see where the lid is. No functional benefit over concealing that flap inside the box.

I like to carve stamps, so I personalize the lid with a stamp BEFORE I attach it to the box.

Christmas for the coworkers. IN the boxes. I don't give empty boxes... sheesh!
Step Last:
Let me know how it works for you. Or if you have other nifty business card tricks.

chesha

I'll be linking at these lovely sites:
http://www.shabbynest.blogspot.com/
http://www.flamingotoes.com/
http://www.mygirlishwhims.com/







3 comments:

  1. I have read your article; it is very instructive and valuable to me. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it.
    Cbd Cartridge Packaging

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article contains some of the best information on this subject. I found this easy to understand and interesting to read. This is good content. Business Card Boxes Wholesale

    ReplyDelete